top of page

Problems Effecting Mental Health

You may begin to believe that you are suffering from the same disease that killed your loved one. You may actually develop symptoms that the dead person suffered, even though nothing is actually wrong with you. If you think you or someone you know is experiencing an abnormal reaction to grief, seek help right away. Your family doctor may be able to help you manage some of the physical symptoms with the short-term use of medication, but abnormal grief usually requires working out your feelings through individual or group psychotherapy.